Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Chapel Car Bride by Judith Miller

The Chapel Car Bride was an interesting and well written novel that introduced an intriguing idea to me...a chapel car ministry. I liked how their ministry was to be attached to the back of a train and stop off in different towns without preachers to teach and to preach the Word. Then, if a town asked, they would spend a couple weeks-months in that area preaching before moving on with the train again. I enjoyed the storyline of this novel and its mixture of romance, suspense, and mystery. I liked the main characters, and I enjoyed seeing them grow as they experienced different trials and circumstances. I did think that Luke and Hope were somewhat lost in the overarching storyline towards the middle of the story and I almost lost interest in them, but I think the author did a good job pulling their story back into the centre of the novel towards the end. Overall, I found this novel to be interesting and a good summer read!

No comments:

Post a Comment