Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Phoenix

The Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences: Phoenix Rising by Pip Ballantine and Tee Morris is an intense novel filled with steampunk goodness and swashbuckling adventures. The book is slam packed with action, excitement, and mystery. The dialogue between main characters Wellington Books and Eliza Braun is steamy and brisk, and it really enlivened the story for me. The novel ended with a bang, however at the same time it was sweet. I was hoping for a little more between Braun and Books in the last chapter, but I did enjoy how the novel ended. The cogs and contraptions were intriguing, and the antagonists dreadfully evil. Even then, the book still ended as a cliffhanger since there seems to be several bigger enemies behind the Ministry's defeated foes.



I enjoyed reading the Phoenix Rising immensely, and I look forward with bated breath for the release of the next Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences so that I can tie up some of the cliffhangers from the first novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment